2010-05-19

FMA - Free Music Archive

http://freemusicarchive.org/




I came across to FMA today and i think it's a great project so I've decided to keep it in my memory and post it here cos it's something I'd love to have in the Czech republic and what I'd personally love to do. As far as I know my aim is to live with, around and from M U S I C and my only experience so far was in global media company Vice (which was close enough to my dream), but unfortunately in the Czech Republic it's run by two guys who ignore to pay money they owe so don't ever start anything with them unless you want to do it for free..I'll have to do something about that later too! But now about Free Musis Archive.

The Free Music Archive is an interactive library of high-quality, legal audio downloads. It is directed by WFMU, the most renowned freeform radio station in America. Radio has always offered the public free access to new music. So this is a continuation of that purpose, designed for the age of the internet.

The music there varies from what i call "mature alternative" to psychedelic and lo-fi. I've tried to search for Tanlines - nothing, Washed Out - nothing, but Ariel Pink and Deerhunter or Atlas Sound - lot of free tracks. No matter what, even if it's not the best source of free music, it's a quality website and cool idea!

As an example of their taste I've chosen a compilation made for Blackburn Recordings (http://blackburnrecs.blogspot.com/

)

BLACKBURN RECORDINGS - Various Deficiencies Vol. 1



Tracklist:
City Center - Grow Up Again
Big Troubles - Chalk Circles
Cloud Nothings - Leave You Forever
Campfires - Oh Golden Dawn
Sore Eros - Melting
Brett Marren - Love Is A Jawbreaker
Possum - Red Hot
Coasting - Snow Song (Live on WNYU)
Lame Drivers - Working Song
Metal Rouge - Fast Flora Lights
Cursillistas - Trail of Tears
Sleep In Sundays - Flour
Falsetto Boy - Hey Sue
Mountainhood - Coney Island
Sleep Over - The Key
Island's Eyelids - Western Cameo
Sultan - There Goes My Girl
:::download:::

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat